20080831








::: 8/8/1949 Life Magazine :::: /// collection of eric kass /// --- my good friend darryl brown gifted me this vintage Life magazine a few years ago which features the article "Jackson Pollock. Is he the greatest living painter in the United States?" that helped launch him simultaneously into popular culture and perhaps personal downfall at the age of thirty seven --- i've also included some editorial and advertising content from the same issue for context --- "When I'm in my painting," says Pollack, "I'm not aware of what I'm doing." To find out what he has been doing he stops and contemplates the picture during what he calls his "get acquainted" period. ---

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you been to his website? It's great fun...

http://www.jacksonpollock.org/

Love the beer ad too...